Soldier Wins Car At Kings Game For Veterans Day
Buy Kings Tickets
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
The Sacramento Kings took time out during Wednesday night’s game to honor veterans and one lucky soldier got more than just applause and appreciation.
The Kings selected army Lt. Jeff Mennicke to take a half-court shot for a chance to win a car. Lt. Mennicke’s shot was dead on but fell short of the basket.
Lt. Mennicke thought his shot at a car was over, but Kings owner Joe Maloof had other plans.
“I was walking off the court and all of a sudden the announcer grabbed me and she was like ‘Wait. Wait. I don’t know what is going on. Joe is going to have you shoot another shot for a car from the free throw line. We’ve never had this happen before’,” Lt. Mennicke told CBS13 early this morning.
Lt. Mennicke’s second shot hit the rim and bounced in! ARCO Arena exploded in applause. The Lieutenant doesn’t yet know what kind of car he won.
Lt. Mennicke is from Milwaukee but is currently stationed at the Sacramento Recruiting Battalion working as their Feature Operations Officer helping plan big events. He even helped plan the Veterans Day event for the Sacramento Kings game.