Soldier Wins Car At Kings Game For Veterans Day
Buy Kings Tickets
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
The Sacramento Kings took time out during Wednesday night’s game to honor veterans and one lucky soldier got more than just applause and appreciation.
The Kings selected army Lt. Jeff Mennicke to take a half-court shot for a chance to win a car. Lt. Mennicke’s shot was dead on but fell short of the basket.
Lt. Mennicke thought his shot at a car was over, but Kings owner Joe Maloof had other plans.
“I was walking off the court and all of a sudden the announcer grabbed me and she was like ‘Wait. Wait. I don’t know what is going on. Joe is going to have you shoot another shot for a car from the free throw line. We’ve never had this happen before’,” Lt. Mennicke told CBS13 early this morning.
Lt. Mennicke’s second shot hit the rim and bounced in! ARCO Arena exploded in applause. The Lieutenant doesn’t yet know what kind of car he won.
Lt. Mennicke is from Milwaukee but is currently stationed at the Sacramento Recruiting Battalion working as their Feature Operations Officer helping plan big events. He even helped plan the Veterans Day event for the Sacramento Kings game.