Thousands Left Without Power In Stockton
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
STOCKTON, Calif. (CBS) - PG&E has suffered a catastrophic power failure in Stockton.
A fire at a substation burned breakers causing extensive damage, knocking out power to thousands of customers.
Witnesses reported hearing an explosion and saw flames coming from the substation. PG&E is working on repairs, but have no estimation when power will be restored.
The explosion happened about 8:30 Friday night.
PG&E says repairs will not be completed by Saturday morning. Crews are in the process of evaluating the extent of the damage.