Thousands Left Without Power In Stockton
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON, Calif. (CBS) - PG&E has suffered a catastrophic power failure in Stockton.
A fire at a substation burned breakers causing extensive damage, knocking out power to thousands of customers.
Witnesses reported hearing an explosion and saw flames coming from the substation. PG&E is working on repairs, but have no estimation when power will be restored.
The explosion happened about 8:30 Friday night.
PG&E says repairs will not be completed by Saturday morning. Crews are in the process of evaluating the extent of the damage.