Homes, Shopping Center Evacuated Due To Gas Leak In Calaveras Co.
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
A gas line break that forced the evacuation of several homes, a shopping center and shutdown the major highway in Calaveras County has been repaired.
A construction crew broke the 4-inch gas line before Noon near Luddy Lane in the town of San Andreas in Calaveras County. The break has forced the closure of Highway 49 which runs through the town.
San Andreas Fire crews evacuated at least five homes, the post office and a shopping center as they worked to repair the leak.
Calaveras High School was notified of the situation but was not been evacuated.