Homes, Shopping Center Evacuated Due To Gas Leak In Calaveras Co.
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
A gas line break that forced the evacuation of several homes, a shopping center and shutdown the major highway in Calaveras County has been repaired.
A construction crew broke the 4-inch gas line before Noon near Luddy Lane in the town of San Andreas in Calaveras County. The break has forced the closure of Highway 49 which runs through the town.
San Andreas Fire crews evacuated at least five homes, the post office and a shopping center as they worked to repair the leak.
Calaveras High School was notified of the situation but was not been evacuated.