Homes, Shopping Center Evacuated Due To Gas Leak In Calaveras Co.
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
A gas line break that forced the evacuation of several homes, a shopping center and shutdown the major highway in Calaveras County has been repaired.
A construction crew broke the 4-inch gas line before Noon near Luddy Lane in the town of San Andreas in Calaveras County. The break has forced the closure of Highway 49 which runs through the town.
San Andreas Fire crews evacuated at least five homes, the post office and a shopping center as they worked to repair the leak.
Calaveras High School was notified of the situation but was not been evacuated.