Homes, Shopping Center Evacuated Due To Gas Leak In Calaveras Co.
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
A gas line break that forced the evacuation of several homes, a shopping center and shutdown the major highway in Calaveras County has been repaired.
A construction crew broke the 4-inch gas line before Noon near Luddy Lane in the town of San Andreas in Calaveras County. The break has forced the closure of Highway 49 which runs through the town.
San Andreas Fire crews evacuated at least five homes, the post office and a shopping center as they worked to repair the leak.
Calaveras High School was notified of the situation but was not been evacuated.