Homes, Shopping Center Evacuated Due To Gas Leak In Calaveras Co.
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
A gas line break that forced the evacuation of several homes, a shopping center and shutdown the major highway in Calaveras County has been repaired.
A construction crew broke the 4-inch gas line before Noon near Luddy Lane in the town of San Andreas in Calaveras County. The break has forced the closure of Highway 49 which runs through the town.
San Andreas Fire crews evacuated at least five homes, the post office and a shopping center as they worked to repair the leak.
Calaveras High School was notified of the situation but was not been evacuated.