Landmark Colfax Restaurant Destroyed By Fire

  Decades of memories went up in flames overnight in Placer County as fire destroyed a well-known family restaurant.

 Firefighters were called to Giovanni’s restaurant on Highway 174 near Rollins Lake Road in Colfax around 10:40 p.m. Thursday evening after an employee discovered a fire in the rear patio of the restaurant.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

 Flames then moved to back of the 70-year-old building before spreading to the attic.

Fire hydrants nearby weren’t able to handle the amount of water needed to put out the flames. No one was hurt but power and gas were disabled for a mobile home community nearby.

Giovanni’s is hailed as the oldest family-owned restaurant in Placer County.

Comments

One Comment

  1. Amy McRoberts says:

    Thank you everyone for your concerns and thoughts. We have set up an account at US BANK for Giovanni Releif fund for the 27 displaced employees at this time of year. It is so hard for all of us and my heart goes out to all my co workers. I love you and will miss working with you all on a daily basis.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Sacramento

Sign-Up Now For Our 2016 Knockout Pool
Tickets to aftershock now on sale

Listen Live