Landmark Colfax Restaurant Destroyed By Fire
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
Decades of memories went up in flames overnight in Placer County as fire destroyed a well-known family restaurant.
Firefighters were called to Giovanni’s restaurant on Highway 174 near Rollins Lake Road in Colfax around 10:40 p.m. Thursday evening after an employee discovered a fire in the rear patio of the restaurant.
Flames then moved to back of the 70-year-old building before spreading to the attic.
Fire hydrants nearby weren’t able to handle the amount of water needed to put out the flames. No one was hurt but power and gas were disabled for a mobile home community nearby.
Giovanni’s is hailed as the oldest family-owned restaurant in Placer County.