Landmark Colfax Restaurant Destroyed By Fire
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
Decades of memories went up in flames overnight in Placer County as fire destroyed a well-known family restaurant.
Firefighters were called to Giovanni’s restaurant on Highway 174 near Rollins Lake Road in Colfax around 10:40 p.m. Thursday evening after an employee discovered a fire in the rear patio of the restaurant.
Flames then moved to back of the 70-year-old building before spreading to the attic.
Fire hydrants nearby weren’t able to handle the amount of water needed to put out the flames. No one was hurt but power and gas were disabled for a mobile home community nearby.
Giovanni’s is hailed as the oldest family-owned restaurant in Placer County.