Landmark Colfax Restaurant Destroyed By Fire
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
Decades of memories went up in flames overnight in Placer County as fire destroyed a well-known family restaurant.
Firefighters were called to Giovanni’s restaurant on Highway 174 near Rollins Lake Road in Colfax around 10:40 p.m. Thursday evening after an employee discovered a fire in the rear patio of the restaurant.
Flames then moved to back of the 70-year-old building before spreading to the attic.
Fire hydrants nearby weren’t able to handle the amount of water needed to put out the flames. No one was hurt but power and gas were disabled for a mobile home community nearby.
Giovanni’s is hailed as the oldest family-owned restaurant in Placer County.