Landmark Colfax Restaurant Destroyed By Fire
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
Decades of memories went up in flames overnight in Placer County as fire destroyed a well-known family restaurant.
Firefighters were called to Giovanni’s restaurant on Highway 174 near Rollins Lake Road in Colfax around 10:40 p.m. Thursday evening after an employee discovered a fire in the rear patio of the restaurant.
Flames then moved to back of the 70-year-old building before spreading to the attic.
Fire hydrants nearby weren’t able to handle the amount of water needed to put out the flames. No one was hurt but power and gas were disabled for a mobile home community nearby.
Giovanni’s is hailed as the oldest family-owned restaurant in Placer County.