Quran Jones To Undergo Mental Evaluation
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
The former Sac State student who allegedly killed his roommate has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity.
Quran Jones is accused of beating and stabbing his roommate, Scott Hawkins, to death at a university dorm in October, 2009.
Campus police say that when responding officers confronted Jones, he had a crazed look in his eye and his tongue was hanging out of his mouth.
A witness said Jones was hitting himself on the head with a baseball bat.
He then allegedly charged officers with a knife, and they were forced to shoot – hitting him multiple times.
Jones, now paralyzed, faces charges of murder and attempted murder for attacking the officers.
He will receive a mental evaluation, the results of which will be the subject of the next court hearing in the case scheduled for Jan. 7, 2011.