Quran Jones To Undergo Mental Evaluation
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
The former Sac State student who allegedly killed his roommate has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity.
Quran Jones is accused of beating and stabbing his roommate, Scott Hawkins, to death at a university dorm in October, 2009.
Campus police say that when responding officers confronted Jones, he had a crazed look in his eye and his tongue was hanging out of his mouth.
A witness said Jones was hitting himself on the head with a baseball bat.
He then allegedly charged officers with a knife, and they were forced to shoot – hitting him multiple times.
Jones, now paralyzed, faces charges of murder and attempted murder for attacking the officers.
He will receive a mental evaluation, the results of which will be the subject of the next court hearing in the case scheduled for Jan. 7, 2011.