Firefighter Inmate, Civilian Killed In SoCal Crash
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
GORMAN, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say one inmate and one other person have been killed and 12 others injured as a truck carrying a state prison firefighting crew was involved in a crash with a passenger vehicle in northern Los Angeles County.
County fire Inspector Matt Levesque says the truck and the other vehicle crashed at 2:20 p.m. Tuesday on Highway 138 near Interstate 5 south of Gorman.
He says most of the injured are crew members and the majority are in critical condition. They were taken to several different local trauma centers.
Levesque says the crew is stationed at a camp near the crash site in San Francisquito Canyon in Saugus.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)