DMV Delayed In Processing New Enhanced Licenses
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
Department spokeswoman Jan Mendoza is blaming the delay on new licenses with enhanced security measures. She says it takes more time for employees to scrutinize the new licenses, which are designed to be harder to tamper with.
Furlough days for state workers have further contributed to the backup.
Mendoza says the DMV processes 38,000 applications for new or renewed licenses daily.
The new licenses include some images that can only be seen with the use of ultraviolet light; the cardholder’s date of birth and signature can be felt; and licenses for people under the age of 21 are laid out vertically instead of horizontally.