DMV Delayed In Processing New Enhanced Licenses
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
Department spokeswoman Jan Mendoza is blaming the delay on new licenses with enhanced security measures. She says it takes more time for employees to scrutinize the new licenses, which are designed to be harder to tamper with.
Furlough days for state workers have further contributed to the backup.
Mendoza says the DMV processes 38,000 applications for new or renewed licenses daily.
The new licenses include some images that can only be seen with the use of ultraviolet light; the cardholder’s date of birth and signature can be felt; and licenses for people under the age of 21 are laid out vertically instead of horizontally.