DMV Delayed In Processing New Enhanced Licenses
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
Department spokeswoman Jan Mendoza is blaming the delay on new licenses with enhanced security measures. She says it takes more time for employees to scrutinize the new licenses, which are designed to be harder to tamper with.
Furlough days for state workers have further contributed to the backup.
Mendoza says the DMV processes 38,000 applications for new or renewed licenses daily.
The new licenses include some images that can only be seen with the use of ultraviolet light; the cardholder’s date of birth and signature can be felt; and licenses for people under the age of 21 are laid out vertically instead of horizontally.