Arrest Made In Arden Arcade Double Shooting
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Police have arrested a suspect in connection with a fatal shooting in the Arden Arcade area early Saturday morning that killed a teenage boy and injured a teenage girl.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said the deputies found two injured teens on Wittkop Way near Clinton Road after the shooting was reported just after 2 a.m.
The teens had been walking on Wittkop Way near Clinton Road when Luis Prudente, 18, of Sacramento drove up, got out of a vehicle and had words with the victims, then shot at them and drove off.
Jesse Dean Jones victim suffered a gunshot wound to the abdomen and a female victim suffered a gunshot wound to the foot, authorities said. Jones died shortly after arriving at the hospital.
Detectives arrested Prudente at his home in the 2600 block of Howe Avenue. After speaking with Prudente, detectives believe the shooting was gang-related. He was booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail and faces charges of murder and attempted murder. He will be arraigned on November 30.
Detectives are trying to identify a second suspect who was in the car at the time of the shooting.