Arrest Made In Arden Arcade Double Shooting
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Police have arrested a suspect in connection with a fatal shooting in the Arden Arcade area early Saturday morning that killed a teenage boy and injured a teenage girl.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said the deputies found two injured teens on Wittkop Way near Clinton Road after the shooting was reported just after 2 a.m.
The teens had been walking on Wittkop Way near Clinton Road when Luis Prudente, 18, of Sacramento drove up, got out of a vehicle and had words with the victims, then shot at them and drove off.
Jesse Dean Jones victim suffered a gunshot wound to the abdomen and a female victim suffered a gunshot wound to the foot, authorities said. Jones died shortly after arriving at the hospital.
Detectives arrested Prudente at his home in the 2600 block of Howe Avenue. After speaking with Prudente, detectives believe the shooting was gang-related. He was booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail and faces charges of murder and attempted murder. He will be arraigned on November 30.
Detectives are trying to identify a second suspect who was in the car at the time of the shooting.