Arrest Made In Arden Arcade Double Shooting
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Police have arrested a suspect in connection with a fatal shooting in the Arden Arcade area early Saturday morning that killed a teenage boy and injured a teenage girl.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said the deputies found two injured teens on Wittkop Way near Clinton Road after the shooting was reported just after 2 a.m.
The teens had been walking on Wittkop Way near Clinton Road when Luis Prudente, 18, of Sacramento drove up, got out of a vehicle and had words with the victims, then shot at them and drove off.
Jesse Dean Jones victim suffered a gunshot wound to the abdomen and a female victim suffered a gunshot wound to the foot, authorities said. Jones died shortly after arriving at the hospital.
Detectives arrested Prudente at his home in the 2600 block of Howe Avenue. After speaking with Prudente, detectives believe the shooting was gang-related. He was booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail and faces charges of murder and attempted murder. He will be arraigned on November 30.
Detectives are trying to identify a second suspect who was in the car at the time of the shooting.