Teen Shot Near Valley High School
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A suspect is still at large after shooting a teenager in South Sacramento on Tuesday afternoon, triggering the lock down of a nearby high school and college campus.
The Sacramento Police Department said the victim, identified as student Cedric Wilson, was shot in the arm near Central Parkway at about 3:40 p.m. and ran to the Valley High School campus for help.
The school was locked down while police searched for the suspect. The campus was searched quickly, and nearby Consumnes River College also advised students and staff to shelter in place while authorities established a perimeter.
Authorities surrounded a home on La Amendra Way after receiving reports that the suspect is holed up inside, but after searching the neighborhood, police said the suspect was not found.
A teen was briefly detained, but investigators determined he was a landscaper who happened to be in the area.
Police said they have a number of leads on the suspect.