Unusual Cloud Spotted From Natomas To Loomis
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – An unusual weather phenomenon for Northern California created a lot of questions as people spotted an unusual cloud formation over the Sacramento-area, primarily “What is that?”.
People from Natomas to Loomis spotted the unusual site in the sky which was basically a clear blue hole in a cloud with a small spinning “funnel” beneath it.
The National Weather Service say it’s most likely a hole-punch cloud caused by an airplane that disrupted the cloud formation.
This type of hole-punch cloud actually isn’t unusual, the National Weather Service says planes cause them pretty frequently but they are usually seen in colder climates.