Stranded Fisherman On American River Brought To Safety
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
RANCHO CORDOVA (CBS13) — Firefighter rescue crews plucked a man from the American River Friday morning after he became stranded on an island.
The fisherman was in the river near Hagan Park in Rancho Cordova when his waders began filling with water, causing him to be swept down the river, according to Chief Rice. He managed to get to an island where he called 911.
A fire rescue boat went to the island and brought the man back to the banks of the river. He was not injured during the incident.