Stranded Fisherman On American River Brought To Safety
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
RANCHO CORDOVA (CBS13) — Firefighter rescue crews plucked a man from the American River Friday morning after he became stranded on an island.
The fisherman was in the river near Hagan Park in Rancho Cordova when his waders began filling with water, causing him to be swept down the river, according to Chief Rice. He managed to get to an island where he called 911.
A fire rescue boat went to the island and brought the man back to the banks of the river. He was not injured during the incident.