Woman Critically Injured After Being Crushed By Car
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
PITTSBURG, Calif. (AP) – Authorities say a Pittsburg woman is hospitalized in critical condition after she was crushed while fixing her car.
Pittsburg police Lt. Brian Addington says the 47-year-old woman’s Acura sedan fell onto her when it slipped off a jack and some blocks Wednesday morning.
Addington says a bystander used another jack to raise the car again and pulled the woman out. When paramedics arrive they had to use CPR to resuscitate her.
The Contra Costa Times reports that the woman, whose name has not been released, was taken to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Addington says its unclear if rainy conditions caused the car to come off the jack, adding that it might be possible the woman’s 12-year-old son inside the car shifted his weight and caused it to slip.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)