Woman Critically Injured After Being Crushed By Car
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
PITTSBURG, Calif. (AP) – Authorities say a Pittsburg woman is hospitalized in critical condition after she was crushed while fixing her car.
Pittsburg police Lt. Brian Addington says the 47-year-old woman’s Acura sedan fell onto her when it slipped off a jack and some blocks Wednesday morning.
Addington says a bystander used another jack to raise the car again and pulled the woman out. When paramedics arrive they had to use CPR to resuscitate her.
The Contra Costa Times reports that the woman, whose name has not been released, was taken to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Addington says its unclear if rainy conditions caused the car to come off the jack, adding that it might be possible the woman’s 12-year-old son inside the car shifted his weight and caused it to slip.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)