Inmate Found Dead In Sacramento Jail
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Sacramento County authorities say an inmate has been found dead in the Sacramento County Main Jail.
The Sacramento Bee reports the jail’s medical staff and fire department paramedics tried to revive the 46-year-old man after his cellmate notified deputies around 10:06 a.m. Sunday.
The newspaper says the inmate had been in custody since Aug. 22 on charges of resisting arrest, burglary, grand theft, possession of stolen property and evading a peace officer by driving recklessly.
His name has not been released.
Authorities say the death does not appear to be suspicious.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)