Inmate Found Dead In Sacramento Jail
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Sacramento County authorities say an inmate has been found dead in the Sacramento County Main Jail.
The Sacramento Bee reports the jail’s medical staff and fire department paramedics tried to revive the 46-year-old man after his cellmate notified deputies around 10:06 a.m. Sunday.
The newspaper says the inmate had been in custody since Aug. 22 on charges of resisting arrest, burglary, grand theft, possession of stolen property and evading a peace officer by driving recklessly.
His name has not been released.
Authorities say the death does not appear to be suspicious.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)