Inmate Found Dead In Sacramento Jail
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Sacramento County authorities say an inmate has been found dead in the Sacramento County Main Jail.
The Sacramento Bee reports the jail’s medical staff and fire department paramedics tried to revive the 46-year-old man after his cellmate notified deputies around 10:06 a.m. Sunday.
The newspaper says the inmate had been in custody since Aug. 22 on charges of resisting arrest, burglary, grand theft, possession of stolen property and evading a peace officer by driving recklessly.
His name has not been released.
Authorities say the death does not appear to be suspicious.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)