Inmate Found Dead In Sacramento Jail
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Sacramento County authorities say an inmate has been found dead in the Sacramento County Main Jail.
The Sacramento Bee reports the jail’s medical staff and fire department paramedics tried to revive the 46-year-old man after his cellmate notified deputies around 10:06 a.m. Sunday.
The newspaper says the inmate had been in custody since Aug. 22 on charges of resisting arrest, burglary, grand theft, possession of stolen property and evading a peace officer by driving recklessly.
His name has not been released.
Authorities say the death does not appear to be suspicious.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)