Inmate Found Dead In Sacramento Jail
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Sacramento County authorities say an inmate has been found dead in the Sacramento County Main Jail.
The Sacramento Bee reports the jail’s medical staff and fire department paramedics tried to revive the 46-year-old man after his cellmate notified deputies around 10:06 a.m. Sunday.
The newspaper says the inmate had been in custody since Aug. 22 on charges of resisting arrest, burglary, grand theft, possession of stolen property and evading a peace officer by driving recklessly.
His name has not been released.
Authorities say the death does not appear to be suspicious.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)