Vallejo Man Killed In Confrontation With Police
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO, Calif. (AP) — A 34-year-old Vallejo man is dead after a confrontation with police.
Vallejo police say the man was shot around 3 p.m. Saturday after officers were called out on a report of a man brandishing a firearm.
When officers arrived at the scene, they say the man ran into a nearby alley, while still holding the gun.
During a confrontation in the alley, police say an officer fired in what was described as “self defense.” The suspect was hit at least once.
The man died after being taken to a hospital. His name has not been released.
Police say they recovered the suspect’s gun at the scene. They have not said what type of gun it was.
The incident is being investigated by the Vallejo Police Department and the Solano County District Attorney’s Office.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)