Hazmat Situation Forces Evacuation Near McClellan AFB
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
NORTH HIGHLANDS, Calif. (CBS13) – Crews are investigating reports of a hazardous material spill at a military defense building near McClellan Air Force Base.
The Sacramento Metro Fire Department called for a level two hazmat response after a gas leak was reported in the Defense Electronics building on the 4200 block of 54th Street.
Fire department information officer Christian Pebbles said a cylinder was leaking in a clean room used to make microelectronics.
There are no reported injuries and officials say there is no danger the situation will spread.
Few other details will be made available because the company is a defense contractor, authorities said.