Hazmat Situation Forces Evacuation Near McClellan AFB
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
NORTH HIGHLANDS, Calif. (CBS13) – Crews are investigating reports of a hazardous material spill at a military defense building near McClellan Air Force Base.
The Sacramento Metro Fire Department called for a level two hazmat response after a gas leak was reported in the Defense Electronics building on the 4200 block of 54th Street.
Fire department information officer Christian Pebbles said a cylinder was leaking in a clean room used to make microelectronics.
There are no reported injuries and officials say there is no danger the situation will spread.
Few other details will be made available because the company is a defense contractor, authorities said.