Hazmat Situation Forces Evacuation Near McClellan AFB
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
NORTH HIGHLANDS, Calif. (CBS13) – Crews are investigating reports of a hazardous material spill at a military defense building near McClellan Air Force Base.
The Sacramento Metro Fire Department called for a level two hazmat response after a gas leak was reported in the Defense Electronics building on the 4200 block of 54th Street.
Fire department information officer Christian Pebbles said a cylinder was leaking in a clean room used to make microelectronics.
There are no reported injuries and officials say there is no danger the situation will spread.
Few other details will be made available because the company is a defense contractor, authorities said.