Hazmat Situation Forces Evacuation Near McClellan AFB
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
NORTH HIGHLANDS, Calif. (CBS13) – Crews are investigating reports of a hazardous material spill at a military defense building near McClellan Air Force Base.
The Sacramento Metro Fire Department called for a level two hazmat response after a gas leak was reported in the Defense Electronics building on the 4200 block of 54th Street.
Fire department information officer Christian Pebbles said a cylinder was leaking in a clean room used to make microelectronics.
There are no reported injuries and officials say there is no danger the situation will spread.
Few other details will be made available because the company is a defense contractor, authorities said.