Hazmat Situation Forces Evacuation Near McClellan AFB
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
NORTH HIGHLANDS, Calif. (CBS13) – Crews are investigating reports of a hazardous material spill at a military defense building near McClellan Air Force Base.
The Sacramento Metro Fire Department called for a level two hazmat response after a gas leak was reported in the Defense Electronics building on the 4200 block of 54th Street.
Fire department information officer Christian Pebbles said a cylinder was leaking in a clean room used to make microelectronics.
There are no reported injuries and officials say there is no danger the situation will spread.
Few other details will be made available because the company is a defense contractor, authorities said.