Gifts For Hundreds Of Tracy Area Children Stolen

MOUNTAIN HOUSE (CBS13) — One man’s journey to donate Christmas presents to needy children has been ruined after thieves ransacked the garage he had the presents stored in.

“I can’t imagine a child coming down Christmas morning and not having anything under the tree, and that to me is just the worst, it kills me,” says Anthony Gordon.

Anthony Gordon spent the past year raising money and gathering donated presents to make Christmas wishes come true for hundreds of Tracy area children.

“There were 15 bikes all loaded right here already made; everything was here,” says Gordon.

Gordon thinks he mistakenly left the garage door open, which would be an invitation for thieves to swipe the more than $5,000 worth of presents.  The thieves took everything in sight, except for a pair of bikes and a couple of school supply boxes.

Adding insult to injury, Gordon’s own family Christmas presents were also hidden away in the garage.

Now, Gordon is scrambling to put presents under the tree for not only the less fortunate, but for his wife and two young children.

“Now they don’t have anything to open; we’re just waiting for a miracle,” explains Gordon.

For more than a decade, Gordon has collected toys, clothes, video games and beyond.  Now, he fears asking for donations a second time around will prove to be too difficult.

“There’s no way we’re going to be able to do it again, it took us the whole year to do that,” he says.

With Christmas about a week away, Gordon is looking for any kind of donations.

Comments

1. Mairon Marain says:

I have a lot of di-cast cars in boxs, they have never been opened if u could please send my number forward, thank you Mairon Marain Sr. 209-662-1406

2. Charles Girard says:

I need an address to help Anthony and the Children out please.

3. marisela says:

Can you please give me information about where I can donate to this family?

4. Shirley Williams says:

Mr. gordon’s number is 209-627-9357…I called him earlier as well.

5. Michelle Tripp says:

This is so tragic. It is the second one I have heard of this year. I started donating money because of the thefts.

6. Beatrice says:

Please let us know where we can donate….an address would be helpful. thank you.

7. Jeff Davis says:

Mr Gordon,
    My name is Jeff Davis and I live in Carmichael. Please send me your
    address and I will send you a donation. I’ll have it in the mail tomorrow morning

email address maxmind.davis@gmail.com

8. Evelyn says:

I’d like to help too, how about Paypal? Can’t imagine these kids not having anything.

9. BILL & MARTY WILCOXEN says:

WE WOULD LIKE TO SEND HIM A DONATION TO HELP THE KIDS HAVE PRESENTS. PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN SEND HIM A CHECK OR MONEY ORDER.

BILL & MARTY