Police Call Off Search For High Speed Chase Suspect
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Police are currently called off a search for a suspect after they say he stole a vehicle and lead authorities on a high speed chase hitting 100 mph.
A homeowner is South Sacramento County near Elk Grove says she heard her truck being started by a thief, which is when she notified the Elk Grove Police Department.
A patrol unit spotted the truck and gave chase, which is when the suspect sped away on a high speed chase reaching speeds up to 100 mph.
Police say that the chase went from Bruceville Road and Highway 99, all the way to Thornton Road, and ended with the vehicle stuck on the railroad tracks at W. Stockton Rd. and N. Midsection.
The suspect is said to have fled the vehicle on foot.