Police Call Off Search For High Speed Chase Suspect
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Police are currently called off a search for a suspect after they say he stole a vehicle and lead authorities on a high speed chase hitting 100 mph.
A homeowner is South Sacramento County near Elk Grove says she heard her truck being started by a thief, which is when she notified the Elk Grove Police Department.
A patrol unit spotted the truck and gave chase, which is when the suspect sped away on a high speed chase reaching speeds up to 100 mph.
Police say that the chase went from Bruceville Road and Highway 99, all the way to Thornton Road, and ended with the vehicle stuck on the railroad tracks at W. Stockton Rd. and N. Midsection.
The suspect is said to have fled the vehicle on foot.