Police Call Off Search For High Speed Chase Suspect
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Police are currently called off a search for a suspect after they say he stole a vehicle and lead authorities on a high speed chase hitting 100 mph.
A homeowner is South Sacramento County near Elk Grove says she heard her truck being started by a thief, which is when she notified the Elk Grove Police Department.
A patrol unit spotted the truck and gave chase, which is when the suspect sped away on a high speed chase reaching speeds up to 100 mph.
Police say that the chase went from Bruceville Road and Highway 99, all the way to Thornton Road, and ended with the vehicle stuck on the railroad tracks at W. Stockton Rd. and N. Midsection.
The suspect is said to have fled the vehicle on foot.