Police Call Off Search For High Speed Chase Suspect
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Police are currently called off a search for a suspect after they say he stole a vehicle and lead authorities on a high speed chase hitting 100 mph.
A homeowner is South Sacramento County near Elk Grove says she heard her truck being started by a thief, which is when she notified the Elk Grove Police Department.
A patrol unit spotted the truck and gave chase, which is when the suspect sped away on a high speed chase reaching speeds up to 100 mph.
Police say that the chase went from Bruceville Road and Highway 99, all the way to Thornton Road, and ended with the vehicle stuck on the railroad tracks at W. Stockton Rd. and N. Midsection.
The suspect is said to have fled the vehicle on foot.