Brown Planning Thrifty Inauguration Party
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Jerry Brown will take over the reins as California’s governor next week, and details are beginning to emerge on his low-key inauguration celebration.
Governor-elect Brown has reportedly approved the party plans for the Railroad Museum, which is expected to offer catering by Whole Foods for 1,800 invited guests and cost no more than $64,000.
For comparison: Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger’s 2007 inauguration celebration cost $600,000 and entertained 8,000 guests.
Brown has already been spotted at Midtown Sacramento restaurants after moving into his loft as Governor Schwarzenegger has been spotted moving furniture out of the Capitol.
Brown’s inauguration ceremony takes place on January 3 beginning at 11:00 a.m.