Brown Planning Thrifty Inauguration Party
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Jerry Brown will take over the reins as California’s governor next week, and details are beginning to emerge on his low-key inauguration celebration.
Governor-elect Brown has reportedly approved the party plans for the Railroad Museum, which is expected to offer catering by Whole Foods for 1,800 invited guests and cost no more than $64,000.
For comparison: Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger’s 2007 inauguration celebration cost $600,000 and entertained 8,000 guests.
Brown has already been spotted at Midtown Sacramento restaurants after moving into his loft as Governor Schwarzenegger has been spotted moving furniture out of the Capitol.
Brown’s inauguration ceremony takes place on January 3 beginning at 11:00 a.m.