Brown Planning Thrifty Inauguration Party
Don't Miss This
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
- Sacramento Sheriff: Immigration Message to President Obama Was Nonpartisan
- Former FOX40 Anchor, Former Fiancé Enter ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas
- Musical Performers Announced For ‘Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show’
- Utah Woman Wears Colander For Driver’s License Photo As Religious Statement
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Jerry Brown will take over the reins as California’s governor next week, and details are beginning to emerge on his low-key inauguration celebration.
Governor-elect Brown has reportedly approved the party plans for the Railroad Museum, which is expected to offer catering by Whole Foods for 1,800 invited guests and cost no more than $64,000.
For comparison: Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger’s 2007 inauguration celebration cost $600,000 and entertained 8,000 guests.
Brown has already been spotted at Midtown Sacramento restaurants after moving into his loft as Governor Schwarzenegger has been spotted moving furniture out of the Capitol.
Brown’s inauguration ceremony takes place on January 3 beginning at 11:00 a.m.