Brown Planning Thrifty Inauguration Party
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Jerry Brown will take over the reins as California’s governor next week, and details are beginning to emerge on his low-key inauguration celebration.
Governor-elect Brown has reportedly approved the party plans for the Railroad Museum, which is expected to offer catering by Whole Foods for 1,800 invited guests and cost no more than $64,000.
For comparison: Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger’s 2007 inauguration celebration cost $600,000 and entertained 8,000 guests.
Brown has already been spotted at Midtown Sacramento restaurants after moving into his loft as Governor Schwarzenegger has been spotted moving furniture out of the Capitol.
Brown’s inauguration ceremony takes place on January 3 beginning at 11:00 a.m.