Apartments Destroyed In Woodland Fire
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND, Calif. (CBS13) – A fire early Sunday morning left half a dozen Woodland families homeless and caused at least half a million dollars in damage, according to authorities.
The Woodland Fire Department said they found the roof ablaze when they arrived at the six-unit apartment complex on the 800 block of 5th Street just before 3:00 a.m., but initial firefighting efforts were stalled when live power wires went down.
PG&E crews weren’t immediately on scene, delaying direct action against the fire, authorities said.
Three of the units were destroyed and the other three severely damaged in the fire. The Red Cross helped find temporary housing for 14 people.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.