Big Rig Turns Over Onto CHP Vehicle
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) — A CHP officer suffered minor injuries Tuesday morning when a big rig rolled over onto the officer’s patrol car, according to CHP.
The accident happened around 9:30 a.m. in the westbound lanes of I-80 in Fairfield near Texas Street.
The CHP officer was on the side of the road, standing-by for assistance, to remove a ladder that was in one of the lanes, according to CHP Officer Chris Parker.
Before the ladder could be removed, a pick-up truck hit the ladder and caused traffic to come to a stop.
According to CHP, the big rig lost control when trying to avoid the stopped traffic and rolled over onto the CHP patrol car.
The officer complained of minor pain and went to the hospital on his own.
The truck driver was taken by ambulance to the hospital with minor injuries.