Big Rig Turns Over Onto CHP Vehicle
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) — A CHP officer suffered minor injuries Tuesday morning when a big rig rolled over onto the officer’s patrol car, according to CHP.
The accident happened around 9:30 a.m. in the westbound lanes of I-80 in Fairfield near Texas Street.
The CHP officer was on the side of the road, standing-by for assistance, to remove a ladder that was in one of the lanes, according to CHP Officer Chris Parker.
Before the ladder could be removed, a pick-up truck hit the ladder and caused traffic to come to a stop.
According to CHP, the big rig lost control when trying to avoid the stopped traffic and rolled over onto the CHP patrol car.
The officer complained of minor pain and went to the hospital on his own.
The truck driver was taken by ambulance to the hospital with minor injuries.