Big Rig Turns Over Onto CHP Vehicle
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) — A CHP officer suffered minor injuries Tuesday morning when a big rig rolled over onto the officer’s patrol car, according to CHP.
The accident happened around 9:30 a.m. in the westbound lanes of I-80 in Fairfield near Texas Street.
The CHP officer was on the side of the road, standing-by for assistance, to remove a ladder that was in one of the lanes, according to CHP Officer Chris Parker.
Before the ladder could be removed, a pick-up truck hit the ladder and caused traffic to come to a stop.
According to CHP, the big rig lost control when trying to avoid the stopped traffic and rolled over onto the CHP patrol car.
The officer complained of minor pain and went to the hospital on his own.
The truck driver was taken by ambulance to the hospital with minor injuries.