Big Rig Turns Over Onto CHP Vehicle
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) — A CHP officer suffered minor injuries Tuesday morning when a big rig rolled over onto the officer’s patrol car, according to CHP.
The accident happened around 9:30 a.m. in the westbound lanes of I-80 in Fairfield near Texas Street.
The CHP officer was on the side of the road, standing-by for assistance, to remove a ladder that was in one of the lanes, according to CHP Officer Chris Parker.
Before the ladder could be removed, a pick-up truck hit the ladder and caused traffic to come to a stop.
According to CHP, the big rig lost control when trying to avoid the stopped traffic and rolled over onto the CHP patrol car.
The officer complained of minor pain and went to the hospital on his own.
The truck driver was taken by ambulance to the hospital with minor injuries.