Big Rig Turns Over Onto CHP Vehicle
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) — A CHP officer suffered minor injuries Tuesday morning when a big rig rolled over onto the officer’s patrol car, according to CHP.
The accident happened around 9:30 a.m. in the westbound lanes of I-80 in Fairfield near Texas Street.
The CHP officer was on the side of the road, standing-by for assistance, to remove a ladder that was in one of the lanes, according to CHP Officer Chris Parker.
Before the ladder could be removed, a pick-up truck hit the ladder and caused traffic to come to a stop.
According to CHP, the big rig lost control when trying to avoid the stopped traffic and rolled over onto the CHP patrol car.
The officer complained of minor pain and went to the hospital on his own.
The truck driver was taken by ambulance to the hospital with minor injuries.