West Sacramento SWAT Standoff Suspect Taken Into Custody
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The SWAT standoff that was underway in West Sacramento has ended, and the suspect has been taken into custody, according to police.
The standoff started after a man allegedly beat a woman who was walking down the sidewalk.
Police say the woman was walking on the sidewalk on Michigan Avenue in front of the suspect’s home just after 3 p.m., when he suddenly came out and attacked her then went back inside.
Police say the attack was unprovoked.
The suspect is no stranger to the law. Police say he has a history of assaults and could possibly be armed.
Nearby residents were evacuated as a precaution. The victim was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.