West Sacramento SWAT Standoff Suspect Taken Into Custody
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The SWAT standoff that was underway in West Sacramento has ended, and the suspect has been taken into custody, according to police.
The standoff started after a man allegedly beat a woman who was walking down the sidewalk.
Police say the woman was walking on the sidewalk on Michigan Avenue in front of the suspect’s home just after 3 p.m., when he suddenly came out and attacked her then went back inside.
Police say the attack was unprovoked.
The suspect is no stranger to the law. Police say he has a history of assaults and could possibly be armed.
Nearby residents were evacuated as a precaution. The victim was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.