West Sacramento SWAT Standoff Suspect Taken Into Custody
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The SWAT standoff that was underway in West Sacramento has ended, and the suspect has been taken into custody, according to police.
The standoff started after a man allegedly beat a woman who was walking down the sidewalk.
Police say the woman was walking on the sidewalk on Michigan Avenue in front of the suspect’s home just after 3 p.m., when he suddenly came out and attacked her then went back inside.
Police say the attack was unprovoked.
The suspect is no stranger to the law. Police say he has a history of assaults and could possibly be armed.
Nearby residents were evacuated as a precaution. The victim was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.