West Sacramento SWAT Standoff Suspect Taken Into Custody
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The SWAT standoff that was underway in West Sacramento has ended, and the suspect has been taken into custody, according to police.
The standoff started after a man allegedly beat a woman who was walking down the sidewalk.
Police say the woman was walking on the sidewalk on Michigan Avenue in front of the suspect’s home just after 3 p.m., when he suddenly came out and attacked her then went back inside.
Police say the attack was unprovoked.
The suspect is no stranger to the law. Police say he has a history of assaults and could possibly be armed.
Nearby residents were evacuated as a precaution. The victim was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.