Huge El Dorado County Home Goes Up In Flames
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
PILOT HILL (CBS13) – A huge home in the El Dorado County town of Pilot Hill has gone up in flames this morning.
The 6,000 square foot home in Pilot Hill caught fire around 2 a.m. this morning.
The home owner had to hike to a neighbor’s home to report the fire because he had no cell phone reception in the remote area.
Fire fighters, who had to cut through fences to get to the home, arrived to find it fully engulfed in flames.
They also had to truck in water to fight the blaze because there are not any fire hydrants in the rural area.
The home owner’s daughter says she is “heartbroken” for her father who had saved for 25 years to build his dream home which took several years to complete.
The homeowner recently put the home up for sale due to a divorce and other changes in his life.
Fire investigators are trying to determine what sparked the fire. The homeowner told his family he believes Christmas lights that he had on a timer may have started the blaze.