Huge El Dorado County Home Goes Up In Flames
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
PILOT HILL (CBS13) – A huge home in the El Dorado County town of Pilot Hill has gone up in flames this morning.
The 6,000 square foot home in Pilot Hill caught fire around 2 a.m. this morning.
The home owner had to hike to a neighbor’s home to report the fire because he had no cell phone reception in the remote area.
Fire fighters, who had to cut through fences to get to the home, arrived to find it fully engulfed in flames.
They also had to truck in water to fight the blaze because there are not any fire hydrants in the rural area.
The home owner’s daughter says she is “heartbroken” for her father who had saved for 25 years to build his dream home which took several years to complete.
The homeowner recently put the home up for sale due to a divorce and other changes in his life.
Fire investigators are trying to determine what sparked the fire. The homeowner told his family he believes Christmas lights that he had on a timer may have started the blaze.