“Black Ice” Blamed In Several Morning Accidents
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Icy roads caused several car accidents across the Valley this morning.
From the Foresthill Bridge to Sunrise Boulevard, cars were having a hard time staying in their lanes this morning, most likely due to Black Ice.
“It’s just so icy out there they just kind of flipped around,” said driver Mike Huffman.
In Citrus Heights, Sunrise Boulevard was closed on and off throughout the morning. Police say a driver spun out after hitting a long patch of black ice, crossed the median into oncoming traffic and collided with several vehicles.
The Stockton commute was also snarled. There were at least four crashes reported at Interstate 5 and Pershing in a one-hour span.