“Black Ice” Blamed In Several Morning Accidents
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Icy roads caused several car accidents across the Valley this morning.
From the Foresthill Bridge to Sunrise Boulevard, cars were having a hard time staying in their lanes this morning, most likely due to Black Ice.
“It’s just so icy out there they just kind of flipped around,” said driver Mike Huffman.
In Citrus Heights, Sunrise Boulevard was closed on and off throughout the morning. Police say a driver spun out after hitting a long patch of black ice, crossed the median into oncoming traffic and collided with several vehicles.
The Stockton commute was also snarled. There were at least four crashes reported at Interstate 5 and Pershing in a one-hour span.