“Black Ice” Blamed In Several Morning Accidents
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Icy roads caused several car accidents across the Valley this morning.
From the Foresthill Bridge to Sunrise Boulevard, cars were having a hard time staying in their lanes this morning, most likely due to Black Ice.
“It’s just so icy out there they just kind of flipped around,” said driver Mike Huffman.
In Citrus Heights, Sunrise Boulevard was closed on and off throughout the morning. Police say a driver spun out after hitting a long patch of black ice, crossed the median into oncoming traffic and collided with several vehicles.
The Stockton commute was also snarled. There were at least four crashes reported at Interstate 5 and Pershing in a one-hour span.