“Black Ice” Blamed In Several Morning Accidents
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Icy roads caused several car accidents across the Valley this morning.
From the Foresthill Bridge to Sunrise Boulevard, cars were having a hard time staying in their lanes this morning, most likely due to Black Ice.
“It’s just so icy out there they just kind of flipped around,” said driver Mike Huffman.
In Citrus Heights, Sunrise Boulevard was closed on and off throughout the morning. Police say a driver spun out after hitting a long patch of black ice, crossed the median into oncoming traffic and collided with several vehicles.
The Stockton commute was also snarled. There were at least four crashes reported at Interstate 5 and Pershing in a one-hour span.