“Black Ice” Blamed In Several Morning Accidents
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Icy roads caused several car accidents across the Valley this morning.
From the Foresthill Bridge to Sunrise Boulevard, cars were having a hard time staying in their lanes this morning, most likely due to Black Ice.
“It’s just so icy out there they just kind of flipped around,” said driver Mike Huffman.
In Citrus Heights, Sunrise Boulevard was closed on and off throughout the morning. Police say a driver spun out after hitting a long patch of black ice, crossed the median into oncoming traffic and collided with several vehicles.
The Stockton commute was also snarled. There were at least four crashes reported at Interstate 5 and Pershing in a one-hour span.