Drug Tests On Sale At Placer County High Schools
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
PLACERVILLE, Calif. (CBS13) – Parents of Placer County students can now buy discounted drug tests from high schools, a tactic that county officials hope will help cut down on what appears to be a rising drug use rate.
The inventive anti-drug campaign comes on the heels of a recent survey from a Placer County high school that found “half of the students” use marijuana.
The Placer County Sheriff’s Department is making the $40 drug tests available for just $10 for parents in response to concerns over drugs in schools. The 10-panel urine test checks for methamphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, ecstasy and other drugs, officials said.
A simple $2 test to check for alcohol is also available, said Deputy Laurie Bettencourt.
Parents can buy the tests on campus from the school’s resource officers or at the sheriff’s offices.