Drug Tests On Sale At Placer County High Schools
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
PLACERVILLE, Calif. (CBS13) – Parents of Placer County students can now buy discounted drug tests from high schools, a tactic that county officials hope will help cut down on what appears to be a rising drug use rate.
The inventive anti-drug campaign comes on the heels of a recent survey from a Placer County high school that found “half of the students” use marijuana.
The Placer County Sheriff’s Department is making the $40 drug tests available for just $10 for parents in response to concerns over drugs in schools. The 10-panel urine test checks for methamphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, ecstasy and other drugs, officials said.
A simple $2 test to check for alcohol is also available, said Deputy Laurie Bettencourt.
Parents can buy the tests on campus from the school’s resource officers or at the sheriff’s offices.