Woman Opens Fire At Citrus Heights Burglars

CITRUS HEIGHTS, Calif. (CBS13) — A woman scared off as many as three suspects who attempted to break into her home Tuesday afternoon, according to authorities.

The Citrus Heights Police Department said a woman in her 60s heard suspicious activity outside her home on the 7700 block of Glen Tree Drive and spotted multiple suspects trying to break in through the front of the house.

The victim also heard another suspect trying to break in from the backyard.

The woman fired at least one shot with her gun, causing the suspects to flee the property.

No injuries were immediately reported. No arrests have been made.

Comments

1. Buddy Carr says:

When will the ch police ever find anyone?

2. angel says:

To be honest. If i heard someone breaking in my house, I would wait quietly until they entered, and shoot them dead in there tracks, [as soon as both feet were in the entrance of which they chose of course]. I dont believe this world needs anymore unthoughtful, piles of sh!!!!t.. Get a job like the rest of us

3. marco polo says:

…because CHPD is manned by officers that couldn’t make it with other agencies…..

1. justbite_me says:

I don’t know about the CHPD employees or their employment qualifications, but Red light, and stop sign runners are their forte. There seems to be a conflict in priorities, traffic or felony crimes. CHPD and Rsvl PD are hard on easy money issues. Got to build revenue’s the easy way, traffic infractions are easy money, not like actual cop work which requires physical activity. KUDOS to the lady who put the burglars to flight, to bad they weren’t inside so she could have shot them and been legal.

4. scopedope says:

Allright! too bad she didn’t hit any of them.

5. K says:

Good for her, too bad she didn’t hit any of them from the sounds of it. As someone said earlier, if they were brave enough to try to get by my dogs, I would be quietly waiting for them to come into my house…
    I’m sure the police would show up a lot faster too. No offense I know they are hopping but still.

6. t says:

yal are dumb its gud that she did scare them off n all but yal talkin bout yal gone shoot em dead? you know this aint texas if someone breaks into your home you cant just kill em you have to fight fire wit fire if they aint got no waepon then you cant use one either ha sucks dont u gone catch a murder case then what?

1. Coach M` says:

….huh?

Please be joking with that response….

7. ANGEL says:

YOUR F IN STUPID T. iF SOMEONE BREAKS IN YOUR HOUSE IN THE DARK AND COMES IN YOUR DIRECTION, YOU DONT KNOW IF THEY HAVE A WEAPON OR NOT, AND IT DOESNT MATTER, THEY ARE THREATING YOUR LIFE, THEREFORE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE THERES. ARE YOU REALLY GONNA WAIT AROUND TO SEE IF THEY HAVE A GUN OR KNIFE I HOPE NOT.

8. angel says:

It sucks you have to hide your tree huggin hippie B.S> behind some kind of inbreed language, i guess it could be possible that your an inbreed hippie, haha, it all makes sense now.

9. Gail says:

Remember the days when The CHPD would hide crime from the news channels. Now we are on there all the time. I have 1 Comment…YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!