Amber Alert Downgraded For Missing Boy
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
PATTERSON, Calif. (CBS13/AP) — Authorities have downgraded the statewide Amber Alert for a 4-year-old Stanislaus County boy, who they say was kidnapped by his mother’s ex-boyfriend.
Sheriff’s Deputy Royjindar Singh says authorities decided to narrow the alert Saturday issued for Juliani Cardenas to just the San Joaquin Valley and San Jose areas.
Singh says those areas are where most of the suspect’s family and friends are located.
Authorities say 27-year-old Jose Rodriguez snatched the child from his grandmother’s arms in Patterson last Tuesday.
Juliani’s mother is not giving up hope, telling CBS13 she believes her son is still alive.
“I don’t think he’s far — somebody’s hiding him. Everybody keeps telling me that, too, somebody’s hiding him,” said Tabitha Cardenas, Juliani’s mother. “Even his mom told me, Jose’s mom told me somebody’s hiding him.”
Sheriff’s officials received reports that a vehicle fitting the description of a car used in the kidnapping went into a nearby canal Tuesday night. After combing the water and recovering five stolen cars, crews called off the canal search.