Amber Alert Downgraded For Missing Boy
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
PATTERSON, Calif. (CBS13/AP) — Authorities have downgraded the statewide Amber Alert for a 4-year-old Stanislaus County boy, who they say was kidnapped by his mother’s ex-boyfriend.
Sheriff’s Deputy Royjindar Singh says authorities decided to narrow the alert Saturday issued for Juliani Cardenas to just the San Joaquin Valley and San Jose areas.
Singh says those areas are where most of the suspect’s family and friends are located.
Authorities say 27-year-old Jose Rodriguez snatched the child from his grandmother’s arms in Patterson last Tuesday.
Juliani’s mother is not giving up hope, telling CBS13 she believes her son is still alive.
“I don’t think he’s far — somebody’s hiding him. Everybody keeps telling me that, too, somebody’s hiding him,” said Tabitha Cardenas, Juliani’s mother. “Even his mom told me, Jose’s mom told me somebody’s hiding him.”
Sheriff’s officials received reports that a vehicle fitting the description of a car used in the kidnapping went into a nearby canal Tuesday night. After combing the water and recovering five stolen cars, crews called off the canal search.