Big Rig Veers Off Interstate 80 In Newcastle
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
NEWCASTLE (CBS13) – A big rig driver lost control of his truck early Tuesday morning, collided with another truck and then veered off Interstate 80 in Newcastle.
The big rig driver says he was cut off by a car and when he swerved to avoid it, he ended up clipping another big rig before veering off I-80. The truck then ‘gently’ rolled onto its right side.
Neither driver was hurt in the accident. CHP says the big rig leaked some diesel onto the grass field where it landed. However, fire personnel were able to keep the diesel from leaking into a nearby water canal or drains.