Big Rig Veers Off Interstate 80 In Newcastle
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
NEWCASTLE (CBS13) – A big rig driver lost control of his truck early Tuesday morning, collided with another truck and then veered off Interstate 80 in Newcastle.
The big rig driver says he was cut off by a car and when he swerved to avoid it, he ended up clipping another big rig before veering off I-80. The truck then ‘gently’ rolled onto its right side.
Neither driver was hurt in the accident. CHP says the big rig leaked some diesel onto the grass field where it landed. However, fire personnel were able to keep the diesel from leaking into a nearby water canal or drains.