Big Rig Veers Off Interstate 80 In Newcastle
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
NEWCASTLE (CBS13) – A big rig driver lost control of his truck early Tuesday morning, collided with another truck and then veered off Interstate 80 in Newcastle.
The big rig driver says he was cut off by a car and when he swerved to avoid it, he ended up clipping another big rig before veering off I-80. The truck then ‘gently’ rolled onto its right side.
Neither driver was hurt in the accident. CHP says the big rig leaked some diesel onto the grass field where it landed. However, fire personnel were able to keep the diesel from leaking into a nearby water canal or drains.