Big Rig Veers Off Interstate 80 In Newcastle
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
NEWCASTLE (CBS13) – A big rig driver lost control of his truck early Tuesday morning, collided with another truck and then veered off Interstate 80 in Newcastle.
The big rig driver says he was cut off by a car and when he swerved to avoid it, he ended up clipping another big rig before veering off I-80. The truck then ‘gently’ rolled onto its right side.
Neither driver was hurt in the accident. CHP says the big rig leaked some diesel onto the grass field where it landed. However, fire personnel were able to keep the diesel from leaking into a nearby water canal or drains.