Search On For Escaped Sutter County Inmate
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SUTTER COUNTY (CBS13) – The search is on for a Sutter County inmate who escaped over the weekend.
Jeremy Grove was locked up in the minimum security dormitories of the Sutter County Jail for violating probation.
Saturday night, he escaped from his lockup by running out a fire exit and using a shirt to climb a 6 foot barbed wire fence.
“This part of the jail was really not designed for you know your more serious offenders. It was for people like Jeremy,” said Sutter County Sheriff’s Captain David Samson.
Jeremy was only facing misdemeanor charges. Now he’s facing a felony escape charge.
And if convicted could face years in prison.