Search On For Escaped Sutter County Inmate
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SUTTER COUNTY (CBS13) – The search is on for a Sutter County inmate who escaped over the weekend.
Jeremy Grove was locked up in the minimum security dormitories of the Sutter County Jail for violating probation.
Saturday night, he escaped from his lockup by running out a fire exit and using a shirt to climb a 6 foot barbed wire fence.
“This part of the jail was really not designed for you know your more serious offenders. It was for people like Jeremy,” said Sutter County Sheriff’s Captain David Samson.
Jeremy was only facing misdemeanor charges. Now he’s facing a felony escape charge.
And if convicted could face years in prison.