Search On For Escaped Sutter County Inmate
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SUTTER COUNTY (CBS13) – The search is on for a Sutter County inmate who escaped over the weekend.
Jeremy Grove was locked up in the minimum security dormitories of the Sutter County Jail for violating probation.
Saturday night, he escaped from his lockup by running out a fire exit and using a shirt to climb a 6 foot barbed wire fence.
“This part of the jail was really not designed for you know your more serious offenders. It was for people like Jeremy,” said Sutter County Sheriff’s Captain David Samson.
Jeremy was only facing misdemeanor charges. Now he’s facing a felony escape charge.
And if convicted could face years in prison.