Search On For Escaped Sutter County Inmate
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SUTTER COUNTY (CBS13) – The search is on for a Sutter County inmate who escaped over the weekend.
Jeremy Grove was locked up in the minimum security dormitories of the Sutter County Jail for violating probation.
Saturday night, he escaped from his lockup by running out a fire exit and using a shirt to climb a 6 foot barbed wire fence.
“This part of the jail was really not designed for you know your more serious offenders. It was for people like Jeremy,” said Sutter County Sheriff’s Captain David Samson.
Jeremy was only facing misdemeanor charges. Now he’s facing a felony escape charge.
And if convicted could face years in prison.