Search On For Escaped Sutter County Inmate
Don't Miss This
- Tahoe Woman Attacked By Bear May Face Feeding Charges
- Almost 100 Buildings Uninhabitable After Quake
- Dating On Duty: Officers Accused Of Screening Dates Using Police System
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
Get Breaking News First
SUTTER COUNTY (CBS13) – The search is on for a Sutter County inmate who escaped over the weekend.
Jeremy Grove was locked up in the minimum security dormitories of the Sutter County Jail for violating probation.
Saturday night, he escaped from his lockup by running out a fire exit and using a shirt to climb a 6 foot barbed wire fence.
“This part of the jail was really not designed for you know your more serious offenders. It was for people like Jeremy,” said Sutter County Sheriff’s Captain David Samson.
Jeremy was only facing misdemeanor charges. Now he’s facing a felony escape charge.
And if convicted could face years in prison.