Man Overpowers 12-Yr-Old Intruder, Ties Him To Chair With Phone Cord

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A Sacramento man says he overpowered a burglar in his home and tied him up with a telephone cord, only to find out the suspect was 12-years-old.

Ed Carney says he was asleep in his bed when he woke up and saw the silhouette of a burglar rummaging through his dresser.

“And that’s when I went for my life, and then I grabbed him and threw him on the bed,” says Ed.

Ed said the burglar had his 22-calibur gun in his hand, and while wrestling for it, Ed realized it was his neighbors 6th grade son.

“We were fighting over the gun and I had it like this, and he turned it to my face, and I figured if he squeezed one off, I’m gone,” said Ed.

Ed finally got the boy to drop the weapon, which is when he says he dragged the 12-year-old in his kitchen, sat him down on the chair and tied him up with a phone cord until the police got there, and arrested him.

Comments

1. Richard Todd says:

Ed should have gone next door and beat the parents @ss after he called police.

2. Pops says:

It is a good thing the little POS didn’t enter my house! A .45 at that range does a lot of damage!

1. Retired Old Man says:

You are part of the problem and I’m not impressed by how macho you think you are.

1. David says:

I would’ve shot him.
        The easiest way to kill someone legally is if they’re in your house.

2. Selmers says:

Stay retired.. old man! LMAO!

3. Randy L. says:

Ed is lucky to be alive. How stupid to have a loaded handgun in your home without a safety lock on it or how about having it holstered under his bed so he could grab it when needed?!

That kid is also lucky he didn’t have that gun because I’m sure Ed with have shot him, just as I would have if I woke up and found him in my room!
    I bet the neighbors are going to say what a sweet child they have and they dont understand how he could have done this, yada, yada, yada. Check that kids room, garage and see what else he has been up to!

1. allan says:

If you had watched the video clip, you’d have known his gun was not loaded.

1. James says:

Allen, to me ALL guns are loaded. If you were to point a gun at a cop what would they do. SHOOT the person pointing the gun at them, then a person like you will find out that the gun was not loaded then complain about the cops shooting an unarmed person. Then if the person shoots the cop what happens, then cop is dead and the criminal is alive. then the cops family has to survive without their parent cause they thought the gun was unloaded.

You can not have it both ways with it, that is why all guns are loaded.

What I want to know is what is going to happen to the person who is the regestered owner of the gun, send them to jail along with that kid. Maybe that will teasch people to lock up the guns.

2. wiley says:

Randy, u r an idiot, did Ed need a lock on his gun? Does he have kids? You have no idea. Holster it under his bed? to do what? go find his key? So, when you woke up to find him in your room, will you ask him to hold on a minute, so you can go find your key to go unlock your gun? So you too could shoot him? Wow, don’t put your address down here, you may have more company then your little brain could imagine.

1. Selmers says:

I’m pretty sure, ‘then’ should be ‘than’, but don’t let me interrupt you telling someone else what an idiot they are! LMAO!

4. Jake says:

The neighbors kid…..too close for comfort

5. Winter07 says:

In 5 years that kid will either be in prison or be back to apologize to Ed for being a stupid kid and thanking him for his life.

6. margaret says:

That kid got lucky. Had it been my house he broke into, he would have been shot. And unfortunately I wouldn’t have waited till I found out his age. INTRUDERS GET SHOT! I’ll have to worry about whatever ridiculous gun laws I broke later!

7. muhammed atta says:

According to Michael Moore, he wrestled with the intruder because he is a racist. That is why he had a gun. turns out it WAS just freckle face johnnie from down the street. Who’da thought.

8. yea man says:

wonder what the kids ethnic make up was. Na….Im sure we all know.

1. Lars says:

why the media hides these facts disturbs me Biased reporting

9. realist says:

THAT MOTHER SHOULD HAVE DISCIPLINED HER KID FROM A YOUNG AGE SO HE WOULDN’T GROW UP TO DO THINGS LIKE THIS. And he’s not even grown up! I hope this snot nosed kid goes to juvie for a long time.
    He DESERVES to be in juvie all the way until he turns 18. What kind of 12 year old breaks into a home, and then feels he has the balls to handle a firearm?COME ON PEOPLE RAISE YOUR FREAKIN KIDS RIGHT. YES IT IS A BIG JOB. IF YOU CAN’T HANDLE IT, DON’T GET PREGNANT.

1. DefensiveParent says:

You don’t know what measures the mother took you don’t know what goes on in people house! Once a person gets to where they don’t want to listen to their parents or abide by the rules then is it still the parents fault?

10. Ladybug258 says:

The parents were probably doing drugs! We are seeing many parents today doing drugs with their children.
    I say “throw the key away” for the parents and get the children help!

11. Shelly says:

If you watch the report, the mom is trying. She even got a job where she could take him to work with her. But I do agree, discipline at a young age prevents this behavior. My kids although bigger than me have the fear of momma in them. They know I can still take them down.

12. Simply Sarcastic says:

Go momma! Lol. I agree… This kids parents went wrong somewhere. Hope the kid and his parents get what they deserve.

13. k says:

If some punk tries to break in to my house he/she won’t be walking back out he/she will be rolled out. My family is more important to me than some punk azz. I don’t care who it is.

14. papa mark says:

Please MR D.A. please don’t prosecute Ed for Kidnapping or restraining this innocent 12 year old, he is too young to know better and ENTITLED to make mistakes. We will be hearing about this kid again, when he gets older.