Man Overpowers 12-Yr-Old Intruder, Ties Him To Chair With Phone Cord
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A Sacramento man says he overpowered a burglar in his home and tied him up with a telephone cord, only to find out the suspect was 12-years-old.
Ed Carney says he was asleep in his bed when he woke up and saw the silhouette of a burglar rummaging through his dresser.
“And that’s when I went for my life, and then I grabbed him and threw him on the bed,” says Ed.
Ed said the burglar had his 22-calibur gun in his hand, and while wrestling for it, Ed realized it was his neighbors 6th grade son.
“We were fighting over the gun and I had it like this, and he turned it to my face, and I figured if he squeezed one off, I’m gone,” said Ed.
Ed finally got the boy to drop the weapon, which is when he says he dragged the 12-year-old in his kitchen, sat him down on the chair and tied him up with a phone cord until the police got there, and arrested him.