World War II Grenades Found In San Francisco Garage
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — San Francisco police have removed five grenades from a garage in the city’s Potrero District that were discovered by the family of a recently deceased 92-year-old man.
Police say the family was cleaning out the man’s home and garage when they discovered the World War II-era grenades in a paper bag around 7:15 a.m. Thursday. It’s not clear why the grenades were there.
The bomb squad was called in and used two robots to remove them. Streets in the area were closed and some businesses evacuated.
The removal was completed around 9 a.m.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)