DNA Results Postively Identify Body Found In Canal As Juliani Cardenas
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The California Department of Justice confirmed Friday that the DNA samples submitted for testing in order to determine a positive identification of four-year-old kidnapping victim Juliani Cardenas, has come back a positive match to his mother Tabitha Cardenas.
Cheek swab samples were taken from Juliani’s mother and were matched against samples during the autopsy of Juliani to help determine the results, according to the Department of Justice.
The boy’s mother was notified by detectives of the positive results.
The body, which was found Tuesday in the Delta-Mendota Canal, matched the description of 4-year-old Juliani Cardenas, but the family had been waiting on DNA results from the coroner to start funeral arrangements. Cardenas was kidnapped from his home two weeks ago.
Meanwhile, the search is continuing for the kidnapping suspect, 27-year-old Jose Rodriguez, the ex-boyfriend of Juliani’s mother. Officials believe his body is also in the canal.