DNA Results Postively Identify Body Found In Canal As Juliani Cardenas
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The California Department of Justice confirmed Friday that the DNA samples submitted for testing in order to determine a positive identification of four-year-old kidnapping victim Juliani Cardenas, has come back a positive match to his mother Tabitha Cardenas.
Cheek swab samples were taken from Juliani’s mother and were matched against samples during the autopsy of Juliani to help determine the results, according to the Department of Justice.
The boy’s mother was notified by detectives of the positive results.
The body, which was found Tuesday in the Delta-Mendota Canal, matched the description of 4-year-old Juliani Cardenas, but the family had been waiting on DNA results from the coroner to start funeral arrangements. Cardenas was kidnapped from his home two weeks ago.
Meanwhile, the search is continuing for the kidnapping suspect, 27-year-old Jose Rodriguez, the ex-boyfriend of Juliani’s mother. Officials believe his body is also in the canal.