DNA Results Postively Identify Body Found In Canal As Juliani Cardenas
Don't Miss This
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
- Sacramento Sheriff: Immigration Message to President Obama Was Nonpartisan
- Former FOX40 Anchor, Former Fiancé Enter ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas
- Musical Performers Announced For ‘Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show’
- Utah Woman Wears Colander For Driver’s License Photo As Religious Statement
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The California Department of Justice confirmed Friday that the DNA samples submitted for testing in order to determine a positive identification of four-year-old kidnapping victim Juliani Cardenas, has come back a positive match to his mother Tabitha Cardenas.
Cheek swab samples were taken from Juliani’s mother and were matched against samples during the autopsy of Juliani to help determine the results, according to the Department of Justice.
The boy’s mother was notified by detectives of the positive results.
The body, which was found Tuesday in the Delta-Mendota Canal, matched the description of 4-year-old Juliani Cardenas, but the family had been waiting on DNA results from the coroner to start funeral arrangements. Cardenas was kidnapped from his home two weeks ago.
Meanwhile, the search is continuing for the kidnapping suspect, 27-year-old Jose Rodriguez, the ex-boyfriend of Juliani’s mother. Officials believe his body is also in the canal.