DNA Results Postively Identify Body Found In Canal As Juliani Cardenas
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The California Department of Justice confirmed Friday that the DNA samples submitted for testing in order to determine a positive identification of four-year-old kidnapping victim Juliani Cardenas, has come back a positive match to his mother Tabitha Cardenas.
Cheek swab samples were taken from Juliani’s mother and were matched against samples during the autopsy of Juliani to help determine the results, according to the Department of Justice.
The boy’s mother was notified by detectives of the positive results.
The body, which was found Tuesday in the Delta-Mendota Canal, matched the description of 4-year-old Juliani Cardenas, but the family had been waiting on DNA results from the coroner to start funeral arrangements. Cardenas was kidnapped from his home two weeks ago.
Meanwhile, the search is continuing for the kidnapping suspect, 27-year-old Jose Rodriguez, the ex-boyfriend of Juliani’s mother. Officials believe his body is also in the canal.