Helicopter Crashes In Sacramento County
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – A helicopter has crashed the area of Sorento and West Elverta Roads in Sacramento County.
The aircraft, a Hughes 369 helicopter, crashed under unknown circumstances in a field in Rio Linda around 2:15 p.m., according to authorities.
The helicopter is sitting near what looks like structural components of an electrical tower. It’s unknown if the aircraft hit the tower or if it was involved in a construction project.
The two people on board the aircraft suffered minor injuries and have been transported to a local hospital to be treated.
The FAA and NTSB will investigate the incident to come up with a probable cause for the accident.
The aircraft is registered on the FAA Registry website to a Wilson Construction Co., which is said to be located in Canby, Oregon.
Sacramento Metro Fire crews responded to the incident, and Officers from Twin Rivers Police Department assisted on scene.