Helicopter Crashes In Sacramento County
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – A helicopter has crashed the area of Sorento and West Elverta Roads in Sacramento County.
The aircraft, a Hughes 369 helicopter, crashed under unknown circumstances in a field in Rio Linda around 2:15 p.m., according to authorities.
The helicopter is sitting near what looks like structural components of an electrical tower. It’s unknown if the aircraft hit the tower or if it was involved in a construction project.
The two people on board the aircraft suffered minor injuries and have been transported to a local hospital to be treated.
The FAA and NTSB will investigate the incident to come up with a probable cause for the accident.
The aircraft is registered on the FAA Registry website to a Wilson Construction Co., which is said to be located in Canby, Oregon.
Sacramento Metro Fire crews responded to the incident, and Officers from Twin Rivers Police Department assisted on scene.