Judge: Pastor Will Be Tried For Child Molestation
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — A judge says there is enough evidence to put a Northern California pastor on trial for molesting five girls who were being cared for in his home.
Reports indicate that four of the girls were living with 48-year-old Tommy Daniels and his wife as short-term foster care placements. The fifth alleged victim received child care at the couple’s Citrus Heights home.
Daniels is a pastor at First Baptist Church of Rio Linda.
Judge Lloyd Daniels said Thursday he considered the consistent abuse accounts by two of the children to be especially credible.
Defense attorney Michael Chastaine challenged the credibility of the girls’ accounts.
Tommy Daniels has pleaded not guilty to six counts of lewd and lascivious acts with a child. He is being held on $6 million bail.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)