Sutter County Burglars Caught On Camera
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MERIDIAN, Calif. (CBS13) – Authorities hope surveillance footage will lead them to the suspects who stole tens of thousands of dollars in construction tools from a family-owned Sutter County business.
Sutter County Sheriff’s investigators said the sophisticated burglars took about 10 minutes to steal $20,000 in equipment from Meridian Supply.
A surveillance camera recorded the five suspects as they smashed a window and loaded their truck with the tools, investigators said.
“They were pretty meticulous in the way they did it,” said Lt. Butah Uppal. “This is not the first time that they’ve done this.”
The footage offered key details that may prove critical in catching the culprits. For example, the suspects’ vehicle was a white van similar to a Ford E350, but with double doors instead of a sliding door on the passenger side.
Investigators are also looking at a burglary at the same location in October 2009 to see if the cases are connected.
Meridian Supply owner Cliff Davis said the business has been in his family for four generations.
“It makes me sick to my stomach,” Davis said, “just thinking that somebody doesn’t care for anybody’s property.”
Davis said he plans to install bars on the business’ windows.