Parents, Students Support Coach Accused Of Molestation
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Students and parents packed a courtroom Tuesday in support of an El Camino High School coach who has been accused of molesting a player.
Some parents shed tears as 22-year-old freshman basketball coach Melvin Flemings faced charges of distributing child pornography and molesting a boy.
“I cannot stress enough that Melvin has been falsely accused and that a grave injustice has occurred,” said parent Holly Tenge. “He’s the type of adult you want your child to spend time with. He has shown nothing but respect for the team and their parents.”
Parents said they consider Flemings to be a role model and can’t believe he would be responsible for the crimes.
Flemings allegedly sexually assaulted a player after befriending him over the summer, authorities said. Investigators are looking into the possibility that other alleged victims have yet to come forward.
The coach had been held on $50,000 bail, but he is now eligible for bail due to the charges against him. Flemings’ next court date is scheduled for Thursday.