Parents, Students Support Coach Accused Of Molestation
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Students and parents packed a courtroom Tuesday in support of an El Camino High School coach who has been accused of molesting a player.
Some parents shed tears as 22-year-old freshman basketball coach Melvin Flemings faced charges of distributing child pornography and molesting a boy.
“I cannot stress enough that Melvin has been falsely accused and that a grave injustice has occurred,” said parent Holly Tenge. “He’s the type of adult you want your child to spend time with. He has shown nothing but respect for the team and their parents.”
Parents said they consider Flemings to be a role model and can’t believe he would be responsible for the crimes.
Flemings allegedly sexually assaulted a player after befriending him over the summer, authorities said. Investigators are looking into the possibility that other alleged victims have yet to come forward.
The coach had been held on $50,000 bail, but he is now eligible for bail due to the charges against him. Flemings’ next court date is scheduled for Thursday.