Teen Girl Escapes Attempted Kidnapping
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
VACAVILLE, Calif. (CBS13) — Police are searching for a suspect who allegedly attempted to kidnap a teen girl Tuesday evening.
The Fairfield Police Department said the 14-year-old victim was selling magazine subscriptions door-to-door on Walters Road at about 6:30 p.m. when a man attacked her from behind and attempted to drag her to her vehicle.
The teen girl fought back and slipped free, running to a nearby residence for help. The suspect fled the scene before police arrived.
Investigators described the suspect as a Hispanic male in his mid 20s, approximately 6 feet tall, with a medium build. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans. He has short, dark hair, a goatee and tattoos on his arms.
The suspect’s vehicle is described as a 1990s model green Honda four-door sedan with new tires.