6 Charged In South Sacramento Barbershop Shooting
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The Sacramento County D.A.’s office has filed charges against six men believed to be connected to the deadly south Sacramento barbershop shooting in December that killed two people including an innocent bystander and a relative of one of the suspects.
In the indictment issued today, prosecutors filed murder charges against Lonnie, his brother Louis Mitchell, Charles Barksdale, Dominique Lott, James Carney and Larry Jones, who has not yet been taken into custody.
Charles Barksdale is the cousin of one of the people who died as a result of the shooting, 20-year-old Marvion Barksdale.
Monique Nelson, 30, was also killed. She had just strapped her child into his carseat and attempted to shield him when the shooting broke out. She was shot in the chest.
Five others were also hurt in the shootout but survived their injuries.