6 Charged In South Sacramento Barbershop Shooting
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The Sacramento County D.A.’s office has filed charges against six men believed to be connected to the deadly south Sacramento barbershop shooting in December that killed two people including an innocent bystander and a relative of one of the suspects.
In the indictment issued today, prosecutors filed murder charges against Lonnie, his brother Louis Mitchell, Charles Barksdale, Dominique Lott, James Carney and Larry Jones, who has not yet been taken into custody.
Charles Barksdale is the cousin of one of the people who died as a result of the shooting, 20-year-old Marvion Barksdale.
Monique Nelson, 30, was also killed. She had just strapped her child into his carseat and attempted to shield him when the shooting broke out. She was shot in the chest.
Five others were also hurt in the shootout but survived their injuries.