Teen Accused Of Killing Baby Will Be Charged As An Adult
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The San Joaquin County teen who was arrested Wednesday for allegedly killing her baby and burying it in a field, will be charged as an adult.
Seventeen-year-old Patricia Lopez will also be charged with child abuse resulting in the child’s death.
Lopez was admitted to a local hospital Tuesday afternoon for birth complications. That’s when is when authorities learned she had given birth in the bathroom of her single-wide trailer.
Sheriff’s deputies believe that she killed the baby in the bathroom and then buried the baby’s body in a field adjacent to the mobile homes located on Holt Road, just west of Stockton.
According to authorities, the girl was apparently living at the mobile home with her parents. Lopez was booked into Juvenile Hall.