Teen Accused Of Killing Baby Will Be Charged As An Adult
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The San Joaquin County teen who was arrested Wednesday for allegedly killing her baby and burying it in a field, will be charged as an adult.
Seventeen-year-old Patricia Lopez will also be charged with child abuse resulting in the child’s death.
Lopez was admitted to a local hospital Tuesday afternoon for birth complications. That’s when is when authorities learned she had given birth in the bathroom of her single-wide trailer.
Sheriff’s deputies believe that she killed the baby in the bathroom and then buried the baby’s body in a field adjacent to the mobile homes located on Holt Road, just west of Stockton.
According to authorities, the girl was apparently living at the mobile home with her parents. Lopez was booked into Juvenile Hall.