Teen Accused Of Killing Baby Will Be Charged As An Adult
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The San Joaquin County teen who was arrested Wednesday for allegedly killing her baby and burying it in a field, will be charged as an adult.
Seventeen-year-old Patricia Lopez will also be charged with child abuse resulting in the child’s death.
Lopez was admitted to a local hospital Tuesday afternoon for birth complications. That’s when is when authorities learned she had given birth in the bathroom of her single-wide trailer.
Sheriff’s deputies believe that she killed the baby in the bathroom and then buried the baby’s body in a field adjacent to the mobile homes located on Holt Road, just west of Stockton.
According to authorities, the girl was apparently living at the mobile home with her parents. Lopez was booked into Juvenile Hall.