Rocklin Man Arrested After Large Explosion Rocks Neighborhood
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ROCKLIN (CBS13) – A Placer County man is under arrest after an explosion rocked a Rocklin neighborhood Sunday night.
Police were called to the 5200 block of Birdie Court just after 5:00 Sunday evening after getting several calls of an explosion.
Officers arrived to find that a large blast had happened in the backyard of a home on Birdie Court. The explosion was so large it sent debris to the front of the home and caused a small fire which a neighbor put out.
A Roseville Fire Department Hazmat Team member and a Roseville Police Department Explosives officer helped Rocklin Police and Rocklin Fire Fighters secure the home after numerous chemicals and powders were found at the home.
After investigating, officers arrested 25-year-old Ryan Linn. He was booked into the Placer County Jail for possession of a destructive device and unlawful explosion of a destructive device.