Rocklin Man Arrested After Large Explosion Rocks Neighborhood
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
ROCKLIN (CBS13) – A Placer County man is under arrest after an explosion rocked a Rocklin neighborhood Sunday night.
Police were called to the 5200 block of Birdie Court just after 5:00 Sunday evening after getting several calls of an explosion.
Officers arrived to find that a large blast had happened in the backyard of a home on Birdie Court. The explosion was so large it sent debris to the front of the home and caused a small fire which a neighbor put out.
A Roseville Fire Department Hazmat Team member and a Roseville Police Department Explosives officer helped Rocklin Police and Rocklin Fire Fighters secure the home after numerous chemicals and powders were found at the home.
After investigating, officers arrested 25-year-old Ryan Linn. He was booked into the Placer County Jail for possession of a destructive device and unlawful explosion of a destructive device.