Vallejo Police Release ID Of Man Shot After Chase
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO, Calif. (AP) — Authorities have identified the man who was shot by Vallejo police after a chase last week.
Police said on Tuesday that 45-year-old Sherman Peacock of Vallejo was shot and killed after he pointed a large-caliber revolver at officers following a low-speed pursuit.
Officers tried to stop Peacock’s vehicle around 4:30 p.m. Friday for an alleged traffic violation. Vallejo police Sgt. Jeff Bassett says a passenger in Peacock’s car jumped out of the vehicle, but Peacock continued to lead officers on a low-speed pursuit for several minutes.
Bassett says when Peacock stopped, he refused to leave the vehicle for several minutes before emerging with a revolver and pointing it at officers.
The passenger who jumped out, 54-year-old Regynold Jackson, was released before the shooting.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)