Vallejo Police Release ID Of Man Shot After Chase
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
VALLEJO, Calif. (AP) — Authorities have identified the man who was shot by Vallejo police after a chase last week.
Police said on Tuesday that 45-year-old Sherman Peacock of Vallejo was shot and killed after he pointed a large-caliber revolver at officers following a low-speed pursuit.
Officers tried to stop Peacock’s vehicle around 4:30 p.m. Friday for an alleged traffic violation. Vallejo police Sgt. Jeff Bassett says a passenger in Peacock’s car jumped out of the vehicle, but Peacock continued to lead officers on a low-speed pursuit for several minutes.
Bassett says when Peacock stopped, he refused to leave the vehicle for several minutes before emerging with a revolver and pointing it at officers.
The passenger who jumped out, 54-year-old Regynold Jackson, was released before the shooting.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)