Modesto Neighborhood May Hire Armed Guards To Cut Down On Crime
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
MODESTO (CBS13) – Residents in a Modesto neighborhood are so concerned about crime they may bring in armed security guards.
The residents are members of the College Area Neighborhood Alliance.
“I don’t know the feeling on an armed patrol. That may becoming a little bit drastic,” said neighbor Dave Jones. “I don’t feel the need for it yet.”
Residents must first approve the plan to bring in armed security guards and at least 500 residents will have to pay $25 a month for the patrol.