Modesto Neighborhood May Hire Armed Guards To Cut Down On Crime
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – Residents in a Modesto neighborhood are so concerned about crime they may bring in armed security guards.
The residents are members of the College Area Neighborhood Alliance.
“I don’t know the feeling on an armed patrol. That may becoming a little bit drastic,” said neighbor Dave Jones. “I don’t feel the need for it yet.”
Residents must first approve the plan to bring in armed security guards and at least 500 residents will have to pay $25 a month for the patrol.