Fire Razes Industrial Building
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — An industrial piping company was destroyed Wednesday evening after a raging fire broke out, sending flames four stories into the air.
The Sacramento Fire Department called out dozens of firefighters to battle the two-alarm fire that razed the Columbia Specialty building at 8760 Fruitridge Road.
Firefighters evacuated the building after the call came in at about 7:30 p.m. and focused on containing the flames when it became too dangerous to attack the fire from the inside.
“Initially we tried to make an interior attack on the fire, but the building was compromised,” said Sacramento Fire Captain Jonathan Burgess. “Too much fire, too large.”
Firefighters remained on the scene late Wednesday night to monitor hot spots. No injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.