Fire Razes Industrial Building
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — An industrial piping company was destroyed Wednesday evening after a raging fire broke out, sending flames four stories into the air.
The Sacramento Fire Department called out dozens of firefighters to battle the two-alarm fire that razed the Columbia Specialty building at 8760 Fruitridge Road.
Firefighters evacuated the building after the call came in at about 7:30 p.m. and focused on containing the flames when it became too dangerous to attack the fire from the inside.
“Initially we tried to make an interior attack on the fire, but the building was compromised,” said Sacramento Fire Captain Jonathan Burgess. “Too much fire, too large.”
Firefighters remained on the scene late Wednesday night to monitor hot spots. No injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.