Fire Razes Industrial Building
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — An industrial piping company was destroyed Wednesday evening after a raging fire broke out, sending flames four stories into the air.
The Sacramento Fire Department called out dozens of firefighters to battle the two-alarm fire that razed the Columbia Specialty building at 8760 Fruitridge Road.
Firefighters evacuated the building after the call came in at about 7:30 p.m. and focused on containing the flames when it became too dangerous to attack the fire from the inside.
“Initially we tried to make an interior attack on the fire, but the building was compromised,” said Sacramento Fire Captain Jonathan Burgess. “Too much fire, too large.”
Firefighters remained on the scene late Wednesday night to monitor hot spots. No injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.