Car Stolen From Hospital Lot While Owner Gives Birth
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A car thief stole a couple’s truck while they were in the hospital giving birth to their daughter, and now the couple needs to rely on family and friends to care for their baby.
“This is devastating to our family,” says Rachel Bendix.
Rachel and the baby’s father went to Mercy San Juan Hospital Wednesday morning.
“There was another car already in the parking lot, parking space,” says Rachel.
So while Rachel was giving birth, someone stole their 1984 red Toyota truck from the hospital parking lot.
“It’s crazy to think that security wouldn’t have seen it, it was literally in plain view,” she said.
Security cameras didn’t quite reach the parking space where the truck was parked, so the new parents don’t know who took off with their family’s only vehicle.
The couple had to ask Rachel’s stepmother for a ride home from the hospital.
“We’ll have to arrange a ride to drop off a prescription and then pick it up – she has to see a doctor by Monday,” says Rachel.
The Sacramento Police Department did take a report over the phone, and the truck’s license plate number is 8X58580.