CBS13 Tours Anaheim’s Honda Center
Buy Kings Tickets
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
ANAHEIM (CBS13) — The major thing that sets Anaheim’s Honda Center apart from ARCO Arena is the million of dollars put into the establishment to keep it updated.
CBS13 got an inside look at what could be the Kings next home.
The employees at the massive Honda Center were happy to take CBS13 cameras into the arena to give us a tour of what the Maloof’s were interested in down south.
From inside the Anaheim Ducks locker room, to the double LED scoreboard, wrap around message board and the state-of-the-art sound systems, the Honda Center has been redone and updated within the past five years.
The tile in the Honda Center is original from construction in the early 1990s, but the concession stands were upgraded last offseason, and there’s more to do next offseason.
The luxury suites were also renovated with granite countertops and flat screen TVs, which are controlled through iPads.
This is what Sacramento is up against in Anaheim – an arena people want to show off.