Job Seekers Being Told ‘If You’re Unemployed, Don’t Apply’
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento job fair highlighted an unexpected challenge for some unemployed people hoping to get back into the workforce. Many of those unemployed are being ‘if you don’t have a job, don’t bother applying’.
Workers with no jobs who have plenty of experience and education flocked to a job fair Wednesday that advertised employers were looking to fill 700 jobs. Nearly 2,000 people showed up to the fair.
But some of the unemployed job seekers say they are facing a new challenge as some companies aren’t even considering applicants who are currently unemployed. Some companies have even gone as far as posting signs, stating you must have a job just to fill out an application.
The national unemployment project calls that bad for the economy.
“I’m thinking wait a minute. We’re supposed to be hiring people who are looking for work. If you’re already working you don’t need a job, said Connie Rozier who is unemployed and looking for work.
Some employers admit they believe the unemployed have lost their skills or workers who are currently employed, are better qualified.