Elderly Woman Rescued From Burning Home
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SOUTH SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A 97-year-old woman has been rescued from a burning home in South Sacramento, according to the Sacramento Metro Fire Department.
Firefighters were called out to a home at 3216 Martin Luther King Blvd. on Thursday afternoon.
When they arrived, firefighters were initially unable to rescue the woman because of bars on the windows and doors. She was eventually saved from the home and was taken to taken to UC Davis Medical Center to receive treatment for severe burns, say authorities.