Elderly Woman Rescued From Burning Home
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
SOUTH SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A 97-year-old woman has been rescued from a burning home in South Sacramento, according to the Sacramento Metro Fire Department.
Firefighters were called out to a home at 3216 Martin Luther King Blvd. on Thursday afternoon.
When they arrived, firefighters were initially unable to rescue the woman because of bars on the windows and doors. She was eventually saved from the home and was taken to taken to UC Davis Medical Center to receive treatment for severe burns, say authorities.