Elderly Woman Rescued From Burning Home
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SOUTH SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A 97-year-old woman has been rescued from a burning home in South Sacramento, according to the Sacramento Metro Fire Department.
Firefighters were called out to a home at 3216 Martin Luther King Blvd. on Thursday afternoon.
When they arrived, firefighters were initially unable to rescue the woman because of bars on the windows and doors. She was eventually saved from the home and was taken to taken to UC Davis Medical Center to receive treatment for severe burns, say authorities.