Elderly South Sacramento Woman Dies Following Fire
Don't Miss This
- Tahoe Woman Attacked By Bear May Face Feeding Charges
- Almost 100 Buildings Uninhabitable After Quake
- Dating On Duty: Officers Accused Of Screening Dates Using Police System
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
Get Breaking News First
SOUTH SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – An elderly woman who was rescued from her South Sacramento home after it caught fire on Thursday has died.
Sacramento Metro firefighters received the call on Thursday afternoon. After they arrived at the residence on Conrad Drive, they had to cut through security bars to free the 98-year-old.
The woman was taken to taken to UC Davis Medical Center. Her identity has not been released.
Fire investigators say the fire began on the outside of the home, and may have been started by a barbecue.