Elderly South Sacramento Woman Dies Following Fire
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SOUTH SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – An elderly woman who was rescued from her South Sacramento home after it caught fire on Thursday has died.
Sacramento Metro firefighters received the call on Thursday afternoon. After they arrived at the residence on Conrad Drive, they had to cut through security bars to free the 98-year-old.
The woman was taken to taken to UC Davis Medical Center. Her identity has not been released.
Fire investigators say the fire began on the outside of the home, and may have been started by a barbecue.