Sac Police To Tap Into Business Security Cameras To Deter Crime
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The Sacramento Police Department will soon have more eyes on the streets.
They’re going to be partnering with public and private entities to tap directly into existing surveillance cameras across the city.
Officers say this will allow them to get to surveillance video more quickly.
“There are hundreds of cameras across Sacramento and if we can tap into just some of those it will give us more eyes on the streets,” said Sacramento Police Department Sgt. Norm Leong.
Police already have three cameras up along Del Paso Boulevard.
They say they won’t be watching the new cameras live but will review tape after a crime is committed.