Michael Lyon Pleads Guilty To Four Counts
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Real estate mogul Michael Lyon pleaded guilty Monday to four charges of secretly taping sexual encounters with women without their consent, according to the Sacramento County District Attorney.
The 55-year-old former CEO of Lyon Real Estate was arrested in November 2010 on four counts surreptitiously taping confidential communications. The original complaint detailed charges relating to three incidents in 2008 and 2009, but Monday’s plea deal added a fourth charge for an incident that took place on September 13, 2010.
CBS13 first detailed the allegations against Lyon in late August 2010.
District Attorney Jan Scully announced that Lyon pleaded guilty to the charges in exchange for a suspended state prison sentence of two years plus probation under a number of conditions, including a term of one year in county jail.
Sacramento County authorities began investigating Lyon in late August. In September, Lyon resigned as CEO of his real estate company.
Surveillance video obtained by CBS13 shows a man, who is said to be Lyon, lying on a bed smiling while a naked woman, who sources say is a prostitute, is standing in front of him.