Michael Lyon Pleads Guilty To Four Counts
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Real estate mogul Michael Lyon pleaded guilty Monday to four charges of secretly taping sexual encounters with women without their consent, according to the Sacramento County District Attorney.
The 55-year-old former CEO of Lyon Real Estate was arrested in November 2010 on four counts surreptitiously taping confidential communications. The original complaint detailed charges relating to three incidents in 2008 and 2009, but Monday’s plea deal added a fourth charge for an incident that took place on September 13, 2010.
CBS13 first detailed the allegations against Lyon in late August 2010.
District Attorney Jan Scully announced that Lyon pleaded guilty to the charges in exchange for a suspended state prison sentence of two years plus probation under a number of conditions, including a term of one year in county jail.
Sacramento County authorities began investigating Lyon in late August. In September, Lyon resigned as CEO of his real estate company.
Surveillance video obtained by CBS13 shows a man, who is said to be Lyon, lying on a bed smiling while a naked woman, who sources say is a prostitute, is standing in front of him.