Michael Lyon Pleads Guilty To Four Counts
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Real estate mogul Michael Lyon pleaded guilty Monday to four charges of secretly taping sexual encounters with women without their consent, according to the Sacramento County District Attorney.
The 55-year-old former CEO of Lyon Real Estate was arrested in November 2010 on four counts surreptitiously taping confidential communications. The original complaint detailed charges relating to three incidents in 2008 and 2009, but Monday’s plea deal added a fourth charge for an incident that took place on September 13, 2010.
CBS13 first detailed the allegations against Lyon in late August 2010.
District Attorney Jan Scully announced that Lyon pleaded guilty to the charges in exchange for a suspended state prison sentence of two years plus probation under a number of conditions, including a term of one year in county jail.
Sacramento County authorities began investigating Lyon in late August. In September, Lyon resigned as CEO of his real estate company.
Surveillance video obtained by CBS13 shows a man, who is said to be Lyon, lying on a bed smiling while a naked woman, who sources say is a prostitute, is standing in front of him.