Big Rig Accident Spills Fuel Into Creek
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE, Calif. (CBS13) — An accident involving a big rig on Interstate 5 led to hours of traffic problems and a brief hazmat alert after diesel fuel spilled into a creek.
Authorities said a big rig towing two trailers wrecked on a bridge near Laguna Road just after 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, sending the front cab and one of the trailers over the side of a bridge.
The vehicle dangled over the bridge for hours, spilling about 100 gallons of diesel fuel, at least some of which entered the water.
One person was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.