Big Rig Accident Spills Fuel Into Creek
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
ELK GROVE, Calif. (CBS13) — An accident involving a big rig on Interstate 5 led to hours of traffic problems and a brief hazmat alert after diesel fuel spilled into a creek.
Authorities said a big rig towing two trailers wrecked on a bridge near Laguna Road just after 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, sending the front cab and one of the trailers over the side of a bridge.
The vehicle dangled over the bridge for hours, spilling about 100 gallons of diesel fuel, at least some of which entered the water.
One person was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.