Big Rig Accident Spills Fuel Into Creek
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ELK GROVE, Calif. (CBS13) — An accident involving a big rig on Interstate 5 led to hours of traffic problems and a brief hazmat alert after diesel fuel spilled into a creek.
Authorities said a big rig towing two trailers wrecked on a bridge near Laguna Road just after 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, sending the front cab and one of the trailers over the side of a bridge.
The vehicle dangled over the bridge for hours, spilling about 100 gallons of diesel fuel, at least some of which entered the water.
One person was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.