Big Rig Accident Spills Fuel Into Creek
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
ELK GROVE, Calif. (CBS13) — An accident involving a big rig on Interstate 5 led to hours of traffic problems and a brief hazmat alert after diesel fuel spilled into a creek.
Authorities said a big rig towing two trailers wrecked on a bridge near Laguna Road just after 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, sending the front cab and one of the trailers over the side of a bridge.
The vehicle dangled over the bridge for hours, spilling about 100 gallons of diesel fuel, at least some of which entered the water.
One person was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.