Big Rig Accident Spills Fuel Into Creek
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE, Calif. (CBS13) — An accident involving a big rig on Interstate 5 led to hours of traffic problems and a brief hazmat alert after diesel fuel spilled into a creek.
Authorities said a big rig towing two trailers wrecked on a bridge near Laguna Road just after 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, sending the front cab and one of the trailers over the side of a bridge.
The vehicle dangled over the bridge for hours, spilling about 100 gallons of diesel fuel, at least some of which entered the water.
One person was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.